Thursday, March 12, 2009

Module Two - Communicating to the Infosphere

That was a trip that I am still recovering from. Sometime, yesterday I started reading the Concepts document. I wanted to make a start. I have been avoiding it and had to face the music. I ended up selecting the 4 concepts for the assignment. I started on my first concept. It had been so frustrating trying to keep up with the new posts on the discussion board, I was feeling somewhat annoyed. I started recording my thoughts and feelings and I am not sure if it had anything to do with the topic, but it was such a release. I was not courageous enough to post this on my blog. I spent a whole day doing stuff and not achieved anything.
I decided then to start the tasks in module two. I avoided printing the whole document, trying to be more responsible towards the environment. I read stuff, clicked all the links and ended up spending most of my time surfing the net, to where, I do not remember.

This morning I ended up doing the same thing, I got so distracted and ended up miles (what it this call in infosphere lingo), from where I started and cannot remember what I was trying to find out. I have certainly learnt something. I am a Twitter convert, I know what avatar is all about, I tried to create my avatar but failed, I know all about the Gmail options, I stumbled on the
Your Guide to Virtual Worlds by Mark Glaser & From TerraNova blog: Augmented Mixed Reality - Real to virtual and back again by Ian Hughes .I still have not managed to start any of the tasks.


2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't stress out about all the posts on the DB. I started too as well, but Cynthia has made a thread on ways to avoid the 'noise' of the boards.

    http://lms.curtin.edu.au/webapps/discussionboard/do/message?action=list_messages&forum_id=_47911_1&course_id=_14736_1&nav=discussion_board_entry&conf_id=_23724_1&message_id=_556624_1

    (On the administration board)

    According to the calendar, we should be starting our readings and understandings of Module 2 - so you're actually on pace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support.
    After having away for a week, I am finding it hard to get back into the tasks. Hope this imporves.
    Renee

    ReplyDelete